Have you recently heard of a new brick oven pizza restaurant in your area? If so, you may be wondering what the difference is when it comes to regular pizza versus brick oven. After all, a pizza is a pizza right? Well, actually no. Here are five reasons brick oven pizza is better:
- Even Temperature: Probably the biggest benefit of brick oven pizza is an even temperature. No one wants cold spots when eating their pizza. The reason a brick oven accomplishes this is because the heat in the brick oven spreads around the entire oven instead of radiating on just one spot or escaping from the oven. The brick oven will absorb the heat and throw it back into the oven instead of letting it escape.
- Cooks Faster: When waiting for you pizza at a brick oven pizza restaurant, you can expect shorter wait times since pizza cooks much faster in a brick oven. This is because of the high heat temperatures, even cooking, and fast passed environment. One pizza should only take about three minutes to create for this reason.
- Better Flavor: With the even cooking temperatures, you can expect a much better flavor. On top of this, since it creates smoke, you get that smoky goodness flavor in your pizza, which is the truly authentic way to eat a pizza.
- Soft Crust: Since the brick oven cooks evenly and quickly, it retains the moisture inside of the dough, which makes it soft. However, if you prefer thin crust, you can always customize your pizza to be made with less dough. With the high heat, it will quickly make the dough nice and thin and crunchy, which you may prefer.
- Crisp Toppings: Finally, you can expect crisper toppings, as well, which also helps to create an even texture and temperature. On top of this, it helps seal the toppings into the cheese and sauce so that they are not falling off of the pizza when you are ready to eat. The cheese will also be a more appealing color and have that smoky flavor, as well.
When you know some of the reasons brick oven pizza is better, you can see why visiting a brick oven pizza restaurant is well worth it in the end. You have less of a wait time for your food and you can expect the quality of the pizza to be top notch. Try a restaurant like Original Italian Pizza Pa.